Thursday 6 August 2015

Christmas Card Making Has Commenced

Hiya two weeks in a row I’ve made it so I’m doing well and on track with my goal.I have a Christmas card to show this week and I’m now almost finished my second,I’ve been a slow starter but getting into the mood now. 
My die cutting machine(Grand Calibur) went kaput last night,it’s been dodgy for a while, not cutting properly, making strange noises and was getting very difficult to turn sometimes.The handle snapped,this was a replacement, as the first one did the same a few months after I bought it. I was considering getting either a new die cutting machine or a brother scan and cut for my birthday/Christmas. This has now made my mind up for me .  
My DH has very very kindly purchased me the new TODO which should be here in the next day or two...I’m very excited. He has also kindly said I can use it straight away although is disappointed that I won't have a big pressie for birthday/Christmas when it comes but I’m more than happy with this.I have said I won't use the hot foiling until my birthday in November, but I cant make Christmas cards without a die cutting machine! I’d have no snowflakes or poinsettias and that will never do :-).






For today's card I haven't used any patterned papers although I have embossed the card using a mask its difficult to see. I used a sentiment stamp for the focal point which is stamped in red ink and embossed with clear gloss embossing powder ... although its not quite a CAS card either with so many flowers...I got a bit carried away! I've decided to make a mix this year of stamped /coloured cards and more simple CAS cards. I have seen so many great examples the last few weeks on blogs and pintrest that I'm overwhelmed with ideas.

I would like to take part in the following challenges-
FabnFunky- Challenge 269-No patterned papers 
TTCRD  Challenge August 4th -Anything Goes
Inky Chicks Challenge #54-Use a Metal Embellishment 

I've used the following products -
white 6x6 base card
red and white card stock
white vellum ( poinsettia flower)
dies and stamps used-
Heartfelt Creations christmas sentiment stamp
Heartfelt Creations Holly Berry stamps coloured with Copics
Heartfelt Creations ornamental add on- Holly Berry die 
Spellbinders poinsettia die
Justrite poinsettia stamp( pearl white embossing powder)
Spellbinders shaped square die 
Spellbinders scalloped square die
embossing -openwork mask 
embellishments 
pearls 
Metal snowflake charm
mini metal christmas bells
various paper,felt and mulberry flowers  

I hope you are having good week and getting lots of crafty time. Thanks for visiting its very much appreciated,I hope to be back again soon hugs Andrea x 

7 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful Andrea, the lovely rich red looks fabulous against the bright white.
    My Grand Calibur broke a couple of weeks back and I was all set to buy something different, had even started to do some research and asked the advice of some blog friends - then hubby took it apart and managed to fix it! I'm still not sure if I'm pleased or not - I will probably wait until Christmas now, I will be interested to hear how you get on with your TODO.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this was really christmas ! Love the Dies and its was a nice stamp!!

    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs to you

    Regards, Cicci
    TTCRD DT
    ciccividpennan {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, gorgeous design Andrea.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, gorgeous design Andrea.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea, FABULOUS to see you back in my neck of the world....love your cards and this is gorgeous....I too am guilty of lagging behind.xx {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card....lovely design...Thank you for joining us @ Fun n Funky....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is stunning, Andrea! It is a gift unto itself with all the details and the exquisite design!! I'm so happy for you to be getting your new die-cutting machine!! (Good job to DH for being such a great supportive guy!!) Enjoy your day and your new toy!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I read and appreciate every one of them!

Andrea x