Tuesday 6 May 2014

Tuesday Morning Insomnia

Good morning its 2:30 am...I should be asleep as I have work in a few hours but I'm not!...so rather than watch TV which is the norm when I wake up which is most mornings although not quite this early...I thought I would post my homework from yesterdays online watercolour card course.I impressed my myself by not only completing  two of the three exercises... I even have a finished card made from scratch. I still have two pieces of "art" to make into cards and a third exercise still to do...but managing to do any of it on the day the course started was a huge bonus...thanks to being off work yesterday due to the bank holiday. Its not as difficult as I thought it might be, but as I don't have much confidence or imagination yet I'm not able to create my own examples so have cased the tutors card...although I'm sure in a few weeks that might change...you never know.Here is my first attempts...the stamp was from a magazine freebie. It was also the first time I used my stencils which I have had for well over a year possibly two!... my camera hasn't picked up the colours great but you get the idea; probably not helped that they where not taken in natural light,
Completed watercolour card using as stencil technique 

Here is my card and the other exercise samples ... it's very different from my usual style of card making... but I really enjoyed making it;the buttons are my own addition to the design as you know I love them and I had to add something of my own to the design!The bright coloured panel is not perfect but for a first attempt its ok, this was created using distress inks not watercolour paint ;other than the yellow which created using an inkadinkado pigment ink as I don't have a yellow distress ink. 

finished card and other pieces 


Thank you for coming to take a look; I hope you had a good fun filled weekend and if you also had the bank holiday free you had the opportunity to do something enjoyable just for you... Crafty hugs Andrea X

I would like to take part in the following challenge-


2 comments:

  1. Andrea, well done!! I love your colors with the stencils! And the button on your finished card is a great touch! I can't wait to see the others finished! (I sure hope you sleep better soon!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous card Andrea, like you say very different from your usual style, I'm following the class as well, but I never do the 'homework', I was just the same at school! This is a fabulous technique isn't it, I really must get on and give it a try.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I read and appreciate every one of them!

Andrea x