Monday 18 March 2013

Thank-You Card and amazing trip!


It seems like an age since I last posted ! Last week was a very busy at work; and it was back to the world of reality having had a wonderful time away last weekend in Swedish Lapland and at the Ice Hotel we returned on Tuesday night and then it was straight back to work. After a very busy week at work I finally got to make a quick card last night for a friend. I will do separate post with photos of our trip during the week and hope to do some Scrapbook pages too (that’s the plan anyway) it was amazing, it got as cold as -29! One night and the day time temperature varied between -10 and -20 +. We where so fortunate and had clear blue skies and sunshine all but one day, it was absolutely stunning and where so wrapped up and snug other than a cold face you’d never know it was that cold. It was definitely a trip of a lifetime, and even better still we where lucky enough to see the Northern Lights… it couldn't have got any better.


Frozen river Torne (river used to make ice hotel)

Back to the card I kept it simple as much as I could!... as its for hubby to give to a colleague. The cute bunny stamp was a freebie set from months ago that came with a magazine as is the floral backing paper and the two flowers together. The flowers where part of a Nit Wit paper Kit and stamp set that I got with one of the very first craft magazines I ever bought. They all seem to work well together. So a few buttons, ribbon, punched flowers, die cut swirl a sentiment that I embossed and we have a finished card ... I think it’s the quickest I’ve made yet! I Hope you have had a good week and lots of crafty time to enjoy. Thanks for visiting its really appreciated and I hope you have a great week, hugs Andrea X.
Thank you card

Cute Bunny 


Close up 

I used the following-
5.5x5.5 cm pearlescent cream- base card
Brown and beige papers-Dovecraft  for layering and punched flowers
Floral paper -Webster’s Pages (magazine freebie) -layered with beige as above 
Striped paper - Dovecraft Tea Party 6x6 pack- layered with beige as above 
Die cut oval Bunny coloured Promarkers and Copics
Die cut scalloped oval-behind stamped oval
Die cut swirl-Die-Namics
Die cut sentiment-Die-Namics -embossed gold
From stash
Beige Ribbon
Brown Buttons
Punched flower using same brown and beige papers

Challenges I would like to take part in-





5 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Andrea and your colouring is gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Challneges 4 Everybody.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like an amazing holiday. love the photo! and a gorgeous card too!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea,
    Wow! I can imagine the cold and don't think I can cope with it as our weather in Malaysia is hot and damp all year round. Glad you have a teriffic time! Your bunny is very cute and such a pretty creation, love it. Thanks for playing along with us at Lady Anne's Stamp Challenge and all the best of luck with the draw.
    Hugs,
    Asmah
    [Lady Anne's Challenges DT Member]
    [Qinaahana Arts And Crafts ~ My Personal Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card - such a sweet image and I love the colours you've used.

    Thanks for joining us at Nutcrafters.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is pretty! Thanks for joining us at One Crazy Stamper!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I read and appreciate every one of them!

Andrea x