Friday 8 March 2013

Mothers Day


Good morning, a short post this morning as I've a busy day ahead.This card is for a special friend of ours for mother’s day that I finished last night. My mums card is already posted and was a card I finished some time ago. 
I don’t usually do a blog post again till Sunday but we are off on a exciting long weekend break later today and flying from Heathrow; so we have a long drive ahead today also. We are off to the Ice Hotel in Lapland so I’ve posted this now as I won’t be back until next Tuesday evening. I printed several of these fab free floral digi stamps from birdscard.com which I coloured last weekend and I've decided to use this  pretty daffodil one; there are some fab images and they are all free,you should go check it out. I went for quite a bold colour scheme as I've  coloured the flowers brightly. I’m happy with how it turned out and I hope she likes it. Happy Mothering Sunday to everyone and have a wonderful weekend …be back next week… hugs Andrea x    
Mothers Day Card 

Close Up

Decorated Box
I used the following-
6x6 Square base card
Yellow /blue card stock for matting/layering
Die cut oval with digi stamp coloured promarkers/ copics
Die cut scalloped oval silver mirror card  
Various fabric and satin Flowers and leaves (local craft shop)
Lace and ribbon
Wooden heart inked Copic and spayed with iridescent glitter spray
Silver Embossed stamped sentiment( sorry not sure where from ) -die cut square
Craft stash-
white Lace, blue satin ribbon and yellow organza bow
Gems,punched butterflies and acrylic Flower embellishment on bow 
Box decorated using -
Card stock as above -die cut asters, butterfly, swirl and label 
Glitter,silver candi, gems and ribbon from stash 
Sentiment-magazine freebie


10 comments:

  1. This is lovely and thanks for joining us over at Allsorts this week
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bright card for your mum Andrea, love the image.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card for a mother! Your box is so bright and cheery! Thanks for joining us at Stamp-N-Doodle!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Andrea. I love the image and the colours are gorgeous.
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend away, it sounds so exciting!
    Thank you for taking part in the Stampin 'for the Weekend Challenge
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andrea, beautiful card! the colours are really fresh and I love the image you've used. Thanks for joining us at NMWC this month and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. here comes spring, thanks for participating at NMWC and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely bright and happy card :) Love the use of all embellies. fabby. Thank you for sharing with us at Bearly Mine Challenges this week. Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally love the bright colors! Glad Shaz has sent me your way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Andrea, Love the colours in these cards, thanks for popping over to my blog to say hi :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and image. Thank you for sharing and joining us at NMWC. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I read and appreciate every one of them!

Andrea x