Wednesday 20 March 2013

Easter Card And My Second Post of The Day


Two posts in one day my I've impressed myself ..this is my first ever completed Easter card, I don’t have that many for family and friends to make so can enjoy putting them together,there are some I will need to purchase as I can’t find any religious stamps to use that I need for some individuals. I’ve went to town with the colours and the die cut flowers on this card, it’s quite a busy card but I’m happy with overall result. The cute little wooden bird on the branch was a bargain buy from my local craft shop; I think you may be seeing more of them!  I used spiced marmalade distress ink to colour it, and then embossed it with clear embossing powder. I was surprised at how bright it is as I was expecting the colour to be duller/ lighter.. I’m getting used to using the heat gun now and not so scared of it!!! it may even be becoming one of my favourite tools.
My next post will definitely be some photos of my fab trip to the Ice hotel and Lapland in Sweden as promised ,be warned though it will likely be photo heavy! Thanks for visiting,..hugs Andrea x 

Happy Easter  


close up flowers  

I used the following
White 6x6 base card
White, orange and green card for layering and die cuts
Papers- multi floral and orange pattern- both magazine freebies
Die cut English roses and leaves- Marianne Creatable- card used as above
Die cut flowers and branch -Marianne Creatable- card used as above
Die cut leaves - card used as above
Die cut swirl Die-Namics - card used as above
Die cut bird –Die-Namics- card used as above
Die cut border edge – Nellie Snellen- card used as above
Digi sentiment- die cut circle and layered with petite scalloped circle- card as above
From stash
White lace
Organza  ribbon and bow
Orange gem
Wooden bird embellishment -coloured and heat embossed


 sweet bird

I would like to take part in the following challenges







31 comments:

  1. what cute place her!
    great!
    Oh wow.. what fab blog!

    Abdrea do you know what a MOO is?
    No?
    look here and take part:
    MOO-MANIA-CHALLENGE

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry wrote your name wrong above..
    I mean Andrea!
    It´s the name of one of my best friends...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous card Andrea, such lovely bright colours and beautiful embellishments.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and bright lovely card Andrea, fab job hon.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Card...and I just love that Tilda stamp...Thanks for entering our challenge this time! Hugs Kobie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice card. Thanks for joining us at stamp with fun.
    Hugs, Nadja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Andrea!... Seems to be blooming with all the pretty flowers you used. Love what you did with the wooden embellishment too.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet card!!! Tilda is darling!!! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon this week!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is super, what a great card, thanks for playing on MAWTT this week, Love Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Don’t forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize! Good luck and I hope to see you back next week for another challenge!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous bright Easter card, thanks for joining in our challenge at a gem of a challenge
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful easter card and such lovely colours. Thanks for sharing with us at Hobbycutz and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabulous colours - so zingy and bright - great card - love all the flowers - thanks for joining us at crafty sentiments this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Andrea, beautiful card. Cute Tilda--I have just finished colouring her too. Love your punched border and gorgeous lace. Hand-made flowers are my fave embellishment. Yours are gorgeous.
    Terrific job on the card.
    Thanks for coming over to play with us at Magnolia-licious and Wee Stamps Challenge.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card! Gorgeous colours! Thanks so much for joining in our fun at Sweet Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Andrea I saw your card on MIM and it is adorable. WOW you made lots of wonderful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Andrea,
    Your card is just delightful I love the colors you chose - the peaches and the green look so well together. Tilda is gorgeous and your flower cluster is perfectly done! Thank you for sharing this with us at the Magnolia-licious/Wee Stamps Challenge Blog!

    XO,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your card, it has all my favourites on it - I'm a huge Tilda fan!!
    Thanks for playing along with the Ladybugs at LCI this week and good luck with the challenge
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful, vibrant Easter card! Love your sweet image & coloring, the papers, the design, and the embellies. Thank you for sharing this with us at TTCRD. Hope to see you again soon! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great spring card. Thanks for joining us at stamp with fun.
    hugs Clarissa

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your Easter card is just stunning. So much detail, just gorgeous!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful and colourful card. Very positive and cute )) Gorgeous flowers and bird details.
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “Easter” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Natali

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good chance to see your gorgeous card again ))
    Thank you for joining us at Hobbycutz “Easter/Easter Box” Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natali

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely color palette - I've seen the challenges to use orange, green and white and I have totally shied away from trying it but you've made it look fresh and springy. The Magnolia stamp is just adorable. Thank you so much for the inspiration and thank you too for joining our Easter/Spring Challenge at Di's Digidownloads. Dee

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute Card! Fabby Coloring!
    Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a sweet Easter card. Love the bright colours. Thanks for sharing it with us at Totally Tilda this time.
    hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous Easter card, love the bright colour scheme and of course that sweet Tilda. Beautiful embellishments. Thank you for joining in our Easter/Spring challenge over at Magnolia-licious/Wee Stamps. Good luck!
    Hugs
    Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a lovely bright card - thanks for sharing in the Spring/Easter challenge at Di's Digi Designs
    Good luck and hope to see you next time too, Donna ♥

    ReplyDelete
  29. your use of die cuts is spectacular. thanks for sharing this with us at really reasonable ribbon! - vivian

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card!! I love the colors and all of the flowers. Thank you for joining us at CMC.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a beautiful Easter card! I love your choice of warm colors. Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I read and appreciate every one of them!

Andrea x