Friday 31 August 2012

ITS A BOY

The blogger gremlins have been at work and I have not been able to post on my blog  for the last two days!!!. I finally finished the baby card for my husbands work colleague on Tuesday night, I have been planning this one for weeks, it took me ages to find the perfect image and not knowing whether it was a boy or girl made that a bit more difficult; the surprise is now over and its a beautiful baby boy.I've went for a quite simple, clean look and I'm pleasantly pleased with the final outcome. I found a cute digi stamp from Digi Darla designs which I thought would be prefect for either a boy or a girl and I coloured it with my promarkers in soft colours with lots of blues and greens. I used my stash for everything other than the building blocks charm and the digi stamp that I bought specifically for this card. The backing card I bought when I first started card making and never got round to using it, it is a very heavy card stock so I choose not to layer it as I think it would have been too much; the pastel blue and green colour way with the button detail made it just perfect for pulling my idea together. I  kept the inside simple with the same stamp resized which I left uncoloured.

 'Its a boy '


 'close up of the baby animals'

'inside of card'

I used the following to make my card
  • white card blank
  • Kanban card - 'blue buttons'card ( had for ages in stash) 
  • Digi Darla Designs stamp- balloon baby animals-coloured with promarkers
  • white and blue grossgrain ribbon for bows
  • blue and green buttons
  • charm- baby blocks
I also got my sister in laws 50th card finished ,I went for a clean and simple design again ,if I get the time before work I will post that too. There will be no card making this weekend as we got tickets for the special Olympics on Sunday, which I'm excited about; we are going to the main stadium for the athletics. I'm also looking forward to seeing the site as it looks fab on the TV, so hopefully next week I will have some photos to post. .Tomorrow we take all  my daughter's belongs back to Canterbury for uni ,she is not going back until next weekend as she has plans for next week so we get the fun job of taking everything and unpacking for her tomorrow. She will go down on the train on her own next weekend and we are at the surprise 50th party so can't take her and everything then... I think she got the easier job, but that's what parents are for,and she does appreciate it, so we will be away all weekend and next too

Challenges I would like to enter this week are-

15 comments:

  1. Thats to sweet love it, thanks for entering the craftymess challenge. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card! I LOVE IT! It made me smile.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smashing boy card good luck with the I ♥ ProMarkers Anything Goes challenge. Hugs Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous new baby card, I love your image and your colour combination is perfect.
    Sounds like you're going to be busy, have a great weekend.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Forever Friends... your baby card is lovely.
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, if that isn't just the sweetest card! Just adorable. Thanks for joining the Eureka! Stamps challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your baby card so adorable. Love your coloring in soft.
    Thanks for joining us at Fashionista Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beatutiful!
    Have a nice day.
    Hugs from Randi

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's gorgeous and a perfect choice of colours. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card and the buttons are the perfect match. Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a lovely card thanks for entering into the craftymess challenge. DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a stunning card. What a super cute image.
    Thanks for sharing with us at One Stitch At A Time for our Use a Digi challenge. Hope to see you back next week.

    Choccy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card!! Thank you for taking part at I &hearts' Promarkers and good luck in the draw!!
    Hugs
    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a super digi stamp love it and can be used for either a boy or girl indeed. Love it and even the little down sized image in the inside, attention to detail is fab.

    Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with us over at Craftymess.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely new baby card! Love the button paper and the blocks charm! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge for "Cute as a Button"!
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I read and appreciate every one of them!

Andrea x