I haven't posted anything for a fortnight as I've been away on Holiday in Cornwall for a week and we got back on Friday evening. Me and hubby had a great time and I even got sunburn when the rest of the UK was having floods! We were very lucky with the weather with dry sunny spells for parts of every day, apart from one (when we went to the Eden project). We got to sit on the beach almost every day... It was bliss. Sadly back to work tomorrow, but I did manage to finish a card today that I started before I went away. It's another easel card as I'm still working on ensuring they don't topple over, so far it hasn't so maybe at last I've cracked it... Third time lucky as they say! I used a Sarah Kay stamp - 'Isabelle with puppy Coco' and I've chosen a bright summer colour scheme with lots of florals and butterflies. I love the stamp and can imagine sitting in a meadow on a hot sunny day making daisy chains with not a care in the world.... wishful thinking!
I used the following to make my card -
- White scalloped base card
- Coral pink textured card stock for layering
- Sarah Kay stamp- coloured with Promarkers (highlights to hat with white gel pen)
- Fancy Pants designs-Beach babe
- Me to you- Especially for you
- Raspberry Road luxury paper pack - all papers were magazine freebies
- Cream lace
- Pink ribbon, pink wool (also used to make wool bow)
- Tonic butterflies punched from various papers used and decorated using gems, pearls and glitter.
- White punched Martha Stewart 'Monarch' butterflies
- Various sizes and shades of pink pearls and gems
- Felt flowers (which I added buttons to)
- Floral washi tape
- Small flower brad (on wool bow)
- White die cut scroll
- With love sentiment-magazine freebie
Again this week I've taken quite a few photos, it looks quite red in the photo's but it is actually pink in 'real' life. I'm quite pleased with the result although my daughter thinks it's a bit OTT and is not her favourite style of card, she also thinks Sarah Kay is 'old fashioned', she was part of my childhood, so I love her, reminds me of when I was little and I'm not that old! Well that all for this week and I'm hoping to start on some Christmas cards next week or that is the plan although that was also the plan two week ago so we will see! Take care X
Challenges I would like to take part in this week are as follows
Dutch dare card challenges - I used bright colours,pearls and buttons... although I used all but Distressing, I could have gone for a full house almost!