This weekend I managed to finish this card and do the colouring for my next, which I hope to finish later today, so I might post twice today... see how I go. As I struggle with what to do, I did follow a sketch challenge and now I cant remember what it was... Although I have still used it anyway. Following last weeks easel card, which was a challenge for me, this one was much more simple and was quicker to do, and has a lot less layers! I decided on a bright green colour scheme with just a hint of yellow which I think is bright and summery. I am definitely more of a bright than a subtle muted card maker I have tried to colour in subtle tones but I cant seem to manage it. The tiny flower brads I had forgotten that I had, I have not used brads for ages, but thought they went nice with my summer theme. The white heart brad is from a set which I actually thought I would never use as they are quite big, but it was perfect for the sketch challenge of using a heart as the focal embellishment.
'I love summer'
I used the following materials:
- White base card
- Green card, textured green card - for layering
- Checked paper (freebie from internet)
- Floral paper - Sally Moret - best of British collection- magazine freebie
- Tiny green and yellow floral brads and large heart brad - stash
- Tilda coloured with promarkers of course!
- Punched butterflies, heart and flowers - stash (bought on eBay )
- White gel pen for faux stitching
- Glitter used on Tilda wings, butterflies and flowers
- Green satin ribbon
I would like to enter the following challenges this week-
All stitched up- sweet stampin challenge
Challenge #67-its a girl thing- crafty Ann's challenge
Fabulous Friday challenge - stitching- frosteddesigns
Challenge#3 -2 papers + embellies - Oozak .com