Saturday 23 June 2012

Birthday Butterfly Bling

The first week of having my Daughter home and a fuller than usual house is nearly over. We have all survived! She is finally fully unpacked and I'm sure a routine will soon follow, we have had a lot of catching up to do so lots of chatting and not a lot else has been going on which has been nice... I have given her my list of things to learn how to do, but we are saving that till I have a bit more free time as work is a bit hectic to say the least. On my last post earlier in the week I mentioned that I was working on something simple... Well, its finished, I now realise simple does not necessarily mean easy! I went for something completely different. As it was for a friends birthday, my usual style wouldn't fit the bill, it would have been far to frilly and fussy. 

I used a butterfly stamp which was part of a set I bought several weeks ago at a local craft fair. They had completed examples on show and they where stunning... I haven't achieved anywhere near their results, I found it quite difficult and fiddly. I have learned that I'm definitely not an expert with tweezers... Fine with the occasional rouge stray hair, give me a pearl or gem and some glue and I turn into the worlds clumsiest person! From a distance it looks ok, but when you take a closer look there are marks, there are some gems that are not quite centred, and the odd blob of escaped glue (just don't look to close), also my stash of bling isn't that huge, I'm glad I chose the smaller of the butterflies to do! I didn't have quite the right size gems or buttons for some of the dots, so some don't quite fit perfectly either

I like the colour scheme of pinks and purples, although it looks quite dark in the photo's, more burgundy than purple and the cerise pink gems look red! Mastering the art of taking photo's and editing to get the colour right is also on my to do list! I'm also working on another card which was my distraction from this one when I was getting a little too frustrated with dropping gems everywhere... I hope to finish it at the weekend when I have a bit more time, so will hopefully I'll be posting again before the weekend is over,

I hope you have a great weekend and enjoy your crafting if you get the opportunity! x


'Birthday Butterfly Bling'

I used the following material:-
  • White card
  • White die cut scalloped circle 
  • Butterfly stamp-woodware stamp magic bubble butterflies  ( set of 3)
  • Pink and purple satin ribbons and bow-from stash
  • Pink and purple happy birthday sentiment -freebie from magazine
  • Various shades of pink, purple and clear gems, pearls and buttons- from stash
  • Pink promarker -(butterfly body) 
The  challenges I would like to enter this week are -
Make it Monday-challenge #94-anything goes 
Crafty Ribbons- challenge22-Clean and simple
Clear It Out challenge-anything goes (more than 1 ribbon from stash)
Try It On Tuesday-anything goes
There She Goes- winged things

11 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous - love all the buttons and bling.
    Thanks for linking your card up to Make It Monday this week.
    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card stood out for me on my reading list , what a fabulous butterfly and a great idea , super card too well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love how you did the butterfly. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this week.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful Andrea. I'm sure your friend will love it.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out Tuesday..your work here is wonderful...tfs....what a novel idea to use all that bling for the butterfly WTG...

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for your lovely comment on my blog andrea.
    this card is fabulous love that butterfly you did a great job with those bling.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Andrea :-) the butterfly with all the buttons and bling is stunning ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Crafty Ribbons Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, love how you have used buttons, gems etc on the butterfly... it looks great.
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool! I love all the buttons and glittery gems on the inside of the butterfly. Thanks for playing with us at the Clear it Out Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a superb idea. I love this. I had to giggle at your 'give me a pearl or gem and some glue and I turn into the worlds clumsiest person' statement. Ditto, I'm not clumsy, but when glue is involved it's a different matter! lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your butterfly is too cool! Love that image and how you blinged it out! Thanks for showing us your ribbon and playing along with Clear It Out!
    Rachel B

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I read and appreciate every one of them!

Andrea x